Over an absolutely delicious and somewhat strong cup of joe this morning I am meditating on 1 John 3:23-24 “And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and … Continue reading Believe & Love : Our Christian Manifesto
I love Sundays. Such a beautiful day to relax and fellowship with the Lord and other believers. I attend the morning service and then we all go someplace nice to eat. It's such a beautiful time of fellowship and sharing in Gods Love. I usually come home and relax for a few hours, make some … Continue reading Anyone Else Just Love Sundays ?
This last conference, Summit III (December 10-13, 1986), drafted the Chicago Statement on Biblical Application. With this statement the proposed scholarly work of ICBI has been completed, for the doctrine of inerrancy has thus been defined, interpreted, and applied by many of the leading evangelical scholars of our day.
Summit I of the International Council on Biblical Inerrancy took place in Chicago on October 26-28, 1978 for the purpose of affirming afresh the doctrine of the inerrancy of Scripture, making clear the understanding of it and warning against its denial. In the seven years since Summit I, God has blessed that effort in ways … Continue reading The Chicago Statement On Biblical Hermeneutics (1982)
"The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy was formulated in 1978 by approximately 300 evangelical scholars at a conference sponsored by the International Council on Biblical Inerrancy, held in Chicago. The statement was designed to defend the position of Biblical inerrancy against trends toward liberal conceptions of Scripture and higher biblical criticism. " - Theopedia THE … Continue reading The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy (1978)
Actions speak louder than words. Is that not one of the truest statements ever made, or what? In our Christian walk it applies perhaps even with greater brevity. Everyday you wake up and go out into the world to be the light of Jesus Christ to a lost and suffering world. The devil wants you … Continue reading A Reproducible Walk With The Lord
This morning over coffee I read in Mathew The Parable of The Sower. (Mathew 13:3-9) According to this parable 75% of the people presented with the Gospel will eventually lose the ability to see it through to fruition. I don't know about you but I am definitely thankful to be in the other 25%. Hearing … Continue reading The Parable Of The Sower : How to Witness Succesfully & Get More People To Christ
Hugh Hefner passed away recently. I remember feeling a sense of terrible sadness for him. I couldn't stand the life he lived, or the abuse it condoned upon women, but I felt a sense of sadness for his soul. I know that if Hugh did not repent before passing he is now in hell. He … Continue reading Hugh Hefner, Stephen Paddock & Me
The world is full of secular garbage anymore. Deception is everywhere. Confusion is at an all time high. Everyone's got an opinion, decisions are made on feelings rather than facts and there are no shortages of know-it-all with soapboxes. I am constantly feeling myself being drawn farther and farther away from the toxicity of the … Continue reading Hiding From The World
Idealistically having an hour everyday to read the Bible and study Gods Word sounds great. What better way for your child to spend one of his or her classes learning about Christianity and developing their faith, sounds great right! Sandwiched in between a secular biology class and say art history, your child could have an … Continue reading Opinion Piece : As A Christian I Do NOT Want The Bible Taught In Public Schools